Monday, October 20, 2008

You are all idiots

... And that's when the firemen showed up to pry me out of the ladies'- Oh hey, didn't see you there.
  • 24. One of my grand ambitions in life is to own a set of stormtrooper armour I can wear. It may cost US$3,500, but I am going to make enough money and be fit enough to wear one, one day. ... One day...
I mean it. Every single one of you is an idiot.

When I look out my window, I see half a population that is below average (a statistical fact, just hinged on what 'average' is). But that has absolutely no bearing on the following stats from the institute of "Talking out of my arse".

Of the population I have social contact with:
75% of you will have too few factors of social connection and similarity to allow conversation that
remains non-awkward for more then ten minutes.
50% of that will have views on the matter too different to mine to hold in place any real social friendship
Of that, 75% will be enjoyable enough if met in the bar for a drink, but not really compatible enough to chase down if they're not available.

Out of an initial population of 100 hypothetical people, that leaves 3.125 (rounded down to 3) people who would be considered most awesome of mates who are not real idiots.

And even then, the people we likes are still idiots.

They're just idiots of a sort we don't mind/enjoy.

I want you to do something for me. Next person you talk to, tell them that you're an idiot, and tell them why.

"Hey there. I'm an idiot. I'm socially too shy, horrible at picking up on body language unless genuinely thinking about it, far too interested in nerdy things which affects my interest in actual practical things of life, and otherwise easily distracted with a weird sense of humour. How are you an idiot?"

Embrace the idiot. You'll find a fun idiot is better company then the tiny portion of the world that isn't an idiot.

No comments: