Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A great big shout out to my visitors from Syracuse, America

... So that is why I refuse to enter petrol stations without at least a lockpick and something flamable on me.
  • 18. Although I like to think of myself as more of an abstractive sort of person (it's complicated to explain) I crave empirical measurements of quality, as the following post will show. It comes from studying sociology, where simplified factors like "X number of people agree with this statement" carry weight.

As I mentioned, MANY posts ago (back in those heady days of blissful ignorance, when a young bloggers thoughts might turn to fulfilling a niche of love, respect and authority through anonymous posts claiming a class I do not possess to an audience I will never know) I have installed 'google analytics' on this blog. Through that I know that the majority of visits to this blog are, most likely, me. While that acts as a metaphorical kick in the teeth, the amusement found in these statistics give me some salve for the wound.

I have had a rather low number of unique visitors (and if you wish to remedy this, feel free to link to post you enjoy from the past), of which a large number are people expecting some form of entertainment for free (because I have been in fact linked by a friend who runs a site where people can download such things) or through some random process I don't understand. (A big shout out to my readers in Syracuse, who've visited twice)

I have had 30 visits from the US, of which 24 have been from a city a friend of mine lives in, and presumably are him. That leaves six unaccounted for, which seem to come from ALL OVER the US. (HELLO ATLANTIC BEACH).

But perhaps more troubling and unusual are the international visits. There was a guy (or potentially girl) from Saudi Arabia who was checking my site out for SIX MINUTES. -I- don't even look at this thing for that long, and I WRITE it.

Let's just list off some of the countries I've had visits from:
Saudi Arabia
Venezuela
The UK
Netherlands
Poland
Malaysia
Bangladesh
And most unusual of all, Canada!

Though, since I can't leave this post on anything other then a weak joke: I have had 69 visits from Australia.

High five.

1 comment:

Pixelation said...

24 from Raleigh/Durham? What the hell?? This is the first time I've ever been here.

Who ARE you??