Monday, September 29, 2008

What the HELL is wrong with people's genitals!?

... And so, having changed from an enormous truck with flames streaking across the bonet, into a sixty foot tall gigantic robot, the alien being knelt down and leaned into towards me. Finally, in a voice of immeasurable age and wisdom, it spoke. "Are you Sammual Witwicky, descendant of Archibald Witwicky?" "No, I'm Stephen. Descendant of Vince." "Oh, sorry, my bad." With that the robotic organisms seemed to transform back into vehicles, and left.
  • 14. I wasn't always non-religious. Back in my childish days I was very impressionable, and growing up like that in a heavily religious area (my primary AND high schools were next to a church, and you needed a note to get out of scripture) isn't a good mix. Before losing my faith (in a way I will be describing later) I once caused a scene in a McDonalds by trying to get my brother to pray.

This post will be lacking in insights of all kinds.

It seems whenever I try to watch ANY prime time TV show there is one kind of advertisement that is always on. I will summarise them with one descriptive sentence.

"GENITALS: HERE'S WHAT CAN GO WRONG."

Seriously, it's getting ridiculous. Yes, most modern day moderately educated people these days know about STDs and infections of the crotchal regions, you DON'T need to advertise it constantly.

"You know Susan, I didn't realise it until that advertisement came on, but I MAY have herpes."

If they're so stupid they can't work out they have something wrong with the crotch WITHOUT ads, they deserve red balls.

Today while watching a show, there were ads for herpes and two different thrust treatments. At least one of each of those for the entire hour. Is there some Thrust plague going through Australia that I'm not aware of? Is Bubonic Herpes so rampant within Australia that the companies that produce the ointment think it is economically viable to advertise this stuff in prime time?

That is probably what worries me most. It is considered economically viable (in other words, brings in more money then it costs to put out) to advertise these things in prime time. Seriously Australia, what is wrong with your cervix's and urethras?

No comments: