Monday, September 8, 2008

Psyche up CD

Another post for future use.

I need suggestions. I am going to put together a psyche up CD. For those of you who've seen "How I met your Mother" it's a creation of Barney's. Basically a Psyche Up CD is just a playlist of songs you can listen to before going out, in order to become, as suggested, psyched up for the night.

I currently only have ONE song that must be on it.

Winger - Battlestations

So now it's your turn, make suggestions. What is a good, upbeat, headbangy psyche up song?

Editing this since I've had a few hits from people googling "Psyche up CD", or various mispellings of it.

Here is the wikipedia entry on the matter: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Limo_(How_I_Met_Your_Mother_episode)#Notes

4 comments:

Pixelation said...

Wagner's Ride of the Valkyrie and Fire
Orff's Carmina Burana
Europe's the Final Countdown
Maybe Gorillaz Feel Good Inc?
Infected Mushroom's Becoming Insane
Linkin Park's Breaking the Habit/In the End
Metisse's Boom Boom Ba
Mindless Self Indulgence's Bitches
White Stripes' Seven Nation Army


... No fair, I can't find Winger anywhere, Are you sure you're not making that up?

... Also, where's your NSS for this post? And why is it NSS again, I forget.

Nerdgasm said...

Since it was my second post for the day, it didn't count. And it, like "A night on the town" is for future use rather then other stuff. And NSS stands for Non-Sequitor Segue/statement. I don't quite remember which.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zw8NyMsKf4

Youtube can find ANY song. Although it does sometimes have odd visual accompanying it.

That's a... weird connection of songs you've picked. Not sure they all qualify. My personal way of working out if they qualify is this:

Picture you're in a Limo, with a bunch of friends, going to a major party, the party of the century. It's the second one annual, and last year's one was so incredibly awesome that people DIED OF THE PURE AWESOME. Literally the doctors performed Autopsies on the bodies and found there was an overload of awesome in their bodies.

Now you're in this Limo with a bunch of friends, and they're already starting to get into the mood. You need to pull out upbeat songs that'll get the heads banging and the grins on everyone's faces.

That, my friend, is the Psyche-up song.

Pixelation said...

You tell me how "Boom Boom Ba" is not pure awesome and I'll... cry a little in my pants

Nerdgasm said...

The Psyche-up song isn't about the goodness. Boom Boom Ba is more about the sway-and-click then the head-bang-pump-up.