Thursday, September 4, 2008

Poop.

... And this dude just dropped his pants and started playing with himself. What's a guy to do? I just got angry and started shouting at him for being a perv, then I hiked up my fishnet stockings and walked away.

So, you know that old urban myth that "Eskimos have a bajillion words for snow!!"? The one that is completely false, and it turns out then have about five words for five different types?

I was thinking about that today and I realised that if that myth is propogated to say something about the conditions of the Eskimo life, what does it say about modern English speaking western life that we have nine different words for poo.

You think I'm joking? We have at least ten different words or phrases for poo, either in the noun format or used as a verb, some refering to different types, but mostly just the singular type.

Shit
Crap
Defecate
Turd
Poo
Poop
Faeces
Excrement
Number 2
Grog bog

Think about it boys and girls. TEN WORDS FOR CRAP.

I think no more needs to be said.

2 comments:

Pixelation said...

You forgot:

Brown Round
Ca-Ca
Doo-Doo
Dung
Doody

... just sayin'. I have a document that lists over 5000 offensive words or phrases in English.

Nerdgasm said...

Precisely my point. If the abundance of words the Eskimos used for snow supposedly shows it's importance in their life, then this to me suggests that crap is amazingly important to Western life.