Monday, September 15, 2008

A little tomnerdery

... And that, dear friends, is why I am legally obliged to wear a belt at all times. The judge was lenient, though, and made that the only condition of my release.
  • 7. I HATE styrofoam (however it's spelt). I HATE it, and refuse to touch it if at all possible. I don't know why, it just gives me the bloody creeps.
Just a short post today, nerdlingers. I wish to share two seperate things with you.

Firstly, an amusing concept that shows nerdism can extend BEYOND the simple elements of the visual. Nerdcore is a relatively common type of music, now. An excellent example of it is his: http://www.myspace.com/manfactory Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's a series of songs ALL ABOUT STREET FIGHTER.

Look up nerdcore, and you'll find bands named after Star Wars things (such as Nerf Herder) or even things as bizarre as the Aquabats.

Most of them aren't my style, but still, it's nice to know that nerds have infiltrated every facet of civilisation. Soon we will be ready to revolt and take over.

Secondly, if you ignore the odd facepaint, there are a semi-amusing youtube series of videos on Youtube done by someone calling himself "Captain Dissillusioned". Basically he's the voice of reason for videos, though not done maliciously. He showed how they actually pulled off the famous youtube "Guy catches glasses with face" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-prfAENSh2k), all the while acknowledging how much work must've gone into it. Read up about him here: http://www.youtube.com/user/CaptainDisillusion.

P.S. I just made up the word in the title. Tomnerdery. It's like Tomfoolery, except with nerds rather then fools. I kinda like it.

No comments: