Friday, December 5, 2008

Upcoming and released movies, and my thoughts on them

Worst pick up line ever: "Hey babe, I hear you're looking for a stud. I've already got the STD, all I need is u."

  • 60. I'm at my most comfortable talking about a topic with a person who either knows more about it then I do, or has accomplished more in that area. If someone says they've done X event, I really hate saying I've done X+1. It just sounds to me like I'm bragging.

Indiana Jones 4: Dear god. Someone tell Harrison Ford he hasn't been an action hero for a lot of years. They did do alot of things well or amusingly, but the only way I really enjoyed the movie was by riffing on it the whole time. Did anyone else notice that Harrison Ford was doing all the stuff they would've gotten Sean Connery to do in the third one, and what's-his-name-Transformers-dude was doing all the stuff they would've gotten Harrison Ford to do? Oh, and in addition, sometimes an action sequence DOES need more of a reason to exist then "It'd be hilarious for Indie to survive an atomic explosion."

The Watchmen: I'm cautiously optimistic about this. Yes, it will have to change things to fit them into the movie format. Yes, some things look a bit different to what is presented in the comic book. But in general I think the director is the sort of person who knows when something isn't broken, and has such ridiculously high respect for the source material he refuses to alter it. And from what I've read, even though the movie WILL be cut down to a mere 3 hours, the DVD release will have the whole thing, including an animated Pirate story voiced by Gerald Butler. I'll hold off praising the movie just yet, but I'm optimistic.

Hero: Watch it. See it. Love it. Amusingly I don't think Jet Li likes Quentin Tarantino much, based on the 'interview' behind the scenes thing I saw. Especially since the Interview seemed to consist more of Tarantio fangasming about Jet Li, then talking over his answers. I don't think the guy is used to not being the focus of an interview.

Mystery Science Theatre 3000: Youtube it. Love it. Nothing better then bad movies being made fun of by witty people.

No comments: