Sunday, May 24, 2009

Upcoming attractions part 2

Just something to start you off.

5. The G.I. Joe movie could be great, it could be average, or it could be horrible.

Here's a link to the trailer.

I want to say more, but really there's too little in the trailer to go off, other then one thing.

Adebisi is in it.


6. SHERLOCK HOLMES.

SHERLOCK BLOODY HOLMES NOW HAS A HOLLYWOOD MOVIE.

You know the ONLY reason I have any faith in this? Robert Downey Jnr. If anyone could play the drug addict, eccentric with faulty logic of fakestreet London, it's Mr Downey Jnr.

Actually, I lie. To me it looks pretty impressive. Obviously the movie trailer has focused on the more Hollywoodsy parts (bare knuckle boxing, something Holmes is already considered a master of in the canon), but I would not be surprised if it was reasonably true to the Holmesian styles.


7. Empire: Total War

I won't bother linking it, since honestly I've not really paid it much attention. I shouldn't include it on "upcoming" attractions since it's already released, but it's "upcoming" for me since I don't have it and likely won't get it.

I know, I know, the idea of me not being balls-out excited by a Total War game is sheer lunacy, but the 18th century sucked. You heard me. The only good thing to happen in the 18th century was the creation of the Swashbuckler.

I just can't bring myself to enjoy the warfare of the 18th century. I put it on this list since I'm open to being wowed by the game should I ever play it, but up until that happens I have no interest in trying it out.

8. Overlord 2.

While I never played more then the demo of Overlord 1, I heard good things about it and have been meaning to try and get my hands on it lately. I have to admit I'm quite curious as to the direction the game will evolve in with the upcoming sequel.

It's good to be bad.


You know, I'm running out of things I'm looking forward to, entertainment wise, this year. Man, is that depressing or what. I was foreseeing three parts in this series.

Oh well. Coming up tomorrow, how Hollywood changing beloved cartoons while making movies out of them isn't new. Gasp, shock horror, etc.

No comments: