Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Crazy robot love

EDIT: The original article is pretty much a hoax. Check it out, no sources sited, and every single google result for the Toshiba Akimu Robotic Research Institute is a link to a copy of the original article. It MAY be accurate, but I sincerely, sincerely doubt it. For now, be that cool "hard to convince" guy among your friends. I'll leave the original post on my blog in place for archive purposes.


For those of you hoping for something else, this is the WHOLESOME kind of love.

Well, not really.

http://au.gear.ign.com/articles/959/959790p1.html

Wow. Just wow.

Crazy robot love. Were it to ever happen to me, that's a story that I'd have to retell over beer, occasionally sprinkling my performance with shudders of terror, and punctuating my fear of the recollection with a massive gulping of alcohol, before crying into the remains of my schooner.

That is so awesome. Not for the person the robot loves, of course, but for me as a spectator it is incredibly cool. The concept that scientists try to program human emotion into a robot and the first thing they manage is batshit insane stalker. If it continues like this it'll be absolutely amazing.

What happens when they make a robot designed to clean your toenails? Mass amputations.

A robot meant to cut your hair? Genitals removed across the world

The next generation of tickle-me-Elmo will rip people limb from limb.

Japan, can I ask a favour? Can you wait until after I've lived a rich and full life before plunging the world into the Ropocolpyse? Thanks, I owe you one.

No comments: