Wednesday, March 25, 2009

4(chan) f's sake

First off, welcome back to me. Computer is working once more. Yay me, now I can indulge in my addiction to the internet.


D'you like the title? Took me all of twenty seconds to come up with.


First thing's first: 4chan is the arse end of the internet. If you want to understand why the internet is such a disappointment, look at 4chan. They took what could've been a collective database of the accumulated knowledge of the world, and turned it into memes, in-jokes and a collective nest of horrifyingness. 4chan scares me. I take pride in the knowledge I've only visited there twice, and both times I was sent fleeing into the darkest corners of my room, sobbing and rocking back and forth, muttering to myself about lemon parties and girls in tubs.


That said, 4chan, ever now and then, makes utter friggin' gold.






I would like to expose you to the "Traditional gaming" wiki within 4chan. While there're some jokes that could use a bit of sophistication, there are some absolutely brilliant parts in it.


The ultimate definition of Warhammer 40,000, taken from their description of Tyranids: "Tyranids will eat everything and shit out grimdark".


Absolutely brilliant parody of that oh-so-common "examples of play" thing used in RPG rulebooks: http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Examples_of_Play
Look through it and you'll find other amusing parts.
Something I find amusing? There are a few topics described on there that not even 4chan will mock. Gary Gygax's page, while containing a few examples of bad jokes (all made out of respect) refers to how everyone was affected by the great man's passing. The page on D&D is mostly non-humourous, with only a few jokes thrown in, as if they'd forgotten they were trying to be funny for most of the writing.

No comments: