Sunday, November 30, 2008

I want a future-office

I Rick-Rolled a bunch of people in a karaoke lounge. If that isn't a joke I don't know what is.

  • 54. I am a horrible singer. Really. Repulsive. But get me drunk and I won't stop.

I would like to introduce you to this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

Also known as THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD. In capitals. And what TGTSSB is here to share with us is, quite simply, the future.

I have a new ambition in life. In this ambition, I am to become successful and rich (an ambition common, but this is only part of it), I am then going to set up an office with this guy's technology. Look through TGTSSB's various Youtube videos, and I think you can see where I'm going with this.

I am going to become successful, rich, set up an office, and in this office I am going to get this guy to set up for me INCREDIBLY AWESOME FUTURE OFFICE.

When I sit down at my desk I'll put on my office-specs and look at my 3d desktop, using my gloves-with-IR-dots to select things and manipulate stuff instead of a mouse, using multiple fingers to resize windows and select multiple things. Then when I get employees in to do a presentation I'll be able to do that with a pair of laser-pointers with the screen projected on a huge wall.

I am going to do all this, despite not having any business worthy of an office. Let alone an office that feels like it could be part of an early 90's "Based in the near future" action movie.

Why would I do this then, you ask?

Because it will give me a nerdgasm.

We are one step closer to the holographic display Tony Stark/Robert Downey Jr. uses in Iron Man. Although the funny thing about that, if you linked the Wii-remote VR display TGTSSB uses with good old fashion 3d specs (one red one blue) 'technology' you could get a pseudo 3d desktop.

Gah, I'm looking for a link I saw a little while back. It showed a recent invention where a japanese company had worked out how to make things that weren't there feel 'present'. It worked by vibrating the air molecules in such a way that they felt like they were there. It was still air, so you could put your hand through it, but it had resistance. Link that with all the above technology, and you've got an office so high-tech that Area 51 would be visiting you for ideas.

No comments: