Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Where are they now

"Where are they now" of viral videos.

Honestly, I had forgotten half of these videos. Some of them I wish I could still forget. I mean... honestly, that resume video? When I first saw that I was CERTAIN it was intended as a parody. But according to this site, it was genuine. What sort of person produced that, looked back at it, and didn't honestly think "holy shit, I am a douche."

The one that makes me most happy in my pants? Afro-Ninja. Not only did it not adversely affect him TOO much (I don't count "not being in Rush Hour 3" as a bad thing, and I have a mancrush on Jackie Chan), but he's turned it around and made it into a decent thing.

While some people seem to think that enjoyment can only be found in viral videos if someone is only suffering negative effects from it, I enjoy it more when the person involved is enjoying it. Numa Numa guy was doing what he REALLY enjoyed doing, and still is. Go you fat bastard, dance your happy little legs off, dance the dance of FREEDOM. Chocolate Rain? That guy's taking someone he's known for and carving himself a life he can enjoy with it. I would shake his hand and congratulate him for being able to root out idiots paying him to do parodies.

And now Afro Ninja. Oh lord, Afro Ninja.



I salute you. I salute you with the fire of a thousand suns.

Go stunt, you awesome stunt man you.

No comments: