Wednesday, January 21, 2009

When I say "RANDOM" you say "BAG"

RANDOM!


....


... You're really not into this, huh? We'll try it again.


RANDOM!


("Bag?")


Near enough.



1. http://countycomm.com/microhook.htm

On one hand, this is awesome, the fact that grappling hooks are now so easy to get. On the other hand, this is such a small one it is ineffective as a penis substitute, plus it requires you to screw the hooks in before use. Not to mention the most epic fail of the entire product, "Special note to Ninja Warriors: This will not support your body weight."

A grappling hook that can't support your body weight is useless when my mind finally snaps, I convince myself I'm a super-hero and go out to fight crime. But, let's face it, the fact they have to make this specifically known to their customers is awesome.


2. http://thesomewhatambitious.com/

I might as well just link you all here. My brother sent me the link recently, and I'm probably going to end up stealing enormous numbers of the things they link to. It's a nerd-blog, that does nerd better then I do it. Goddamn it.


3. Some superpowers I can really see the appeal of (superspeed, teleportation, super-strength, agility, wall crawling, etc etc) but some just don't DO it for me. Elemental based powers just fall flat for me. I thought of this when a friend directed me to a game called Infamous (coming out on the PS3 this year) after I was talking to him about Prototype. In it your character is granted Electrical powers.

I can see where that's dangerous, I wouldn't want to be hit by a bolt of lightning, but... I dunno, the imagery doesn't evoke anything for me. It's like you're even more of a one-hit-wonder then the Hulk ("HULK SMASH" "yes yes, Mr Hulk, but that won't help us with this forensic murder mystery, will it?"). But even worse then that, it feels like a one-hit-wonder they're trying to artifically inflate. Let's be honest, the most intricate plan an electrical person could do would be throw lightning at someone through a conductor. Instead people keep trying to come up with different ways it (and other elemental powers) can be used.

Have a look at the Infamous stuff. Apparently he can use "electrical armour" to protect himself. Well done, now the bullets being shot at you are more charged then a 9 volt battery, so probably hurt even more. Or he can shoot "A ball of lightning". Call me picky, but isn't lightning a multi-pronged line of things arcing out? A ball just sounds random. Plus since it's lightning, it'd be moving too fast for people to even see.


4. There is one internet saying I like to use in real life. Especially about completely inappropiate things. "Pics or it didn't happen". And I don't even use that seriously on the internet, I just love the concept that until you can back it up with evidence, ANYTHING is up for debate.

"I saw a Bilby!" "Pics or it didn't happen"
"Man, this is really awkward. I slept with that girl." "Pics or it didn't happen"
"Obama is now officially president!" "Pics or it didn't happen"
"I've got a blistering headache" "Pics or it didn't happen"
"Here due, I've got you a beer" "Pics or it didn't happen"

Throw it into your real life conversations, just to see how people react.

No comments: