Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Upcoming attractions part 3

1.

Oh shit. This made me nerdgasm so hard I came my god damned SOUL.

Bioware, I take it back, I take it all back. I have had bad experiences with MMOs, they don't mesh well with my playstyle, and KotOR 2 left me with a bad taste in my mouth, but now...

Not only have you turned me from "meh, not sold" on The Old Republic, but you've turned me from a die-hard Jedi player, to the Dark Side.

Seriously, Mr Lucas? Retire. Let Bioware make your movies and TV shows. If you turned that trailer into a 90 minute movie, I would die a happy man.


2. MONKEY ISLAND 5.

What more do I need to say. MONKEY ISLAND 5. Seriously, if you are not already excited, there is something wrong with you, or you were born in the 90s.

Best of all, it's being done by Telltale games. Not sure who they are? They're a collection of ex-LucasArts employees who were around during the hey-day of Point and Click adventure games. They've already released two Sam and Max games.

Like the Sam and Max games, this Monkey Island game will be released episodically. Once a month about a fifth of a game will come out. You can either play them as they come (if the Sam and Max episodes were an indicator, they're good stand-alone), or wait for them all and play it at once.

I'm excited.

No comments: