Monday, August 4, 2008

Update on me and part 3

First off, AWESOME week away. I have decided my new dream life involves a spa somehow.

I'll have a bigger update in a day or two, including my reason I'm a good week and a half late on this post.

And now:

Part 3: The Corruption

True horror always involves in some way the corruption of what we all already know. Most is a simple "Oh my god, this normal person has turned out to be a funked up psychopath!", but the better horror usually takes it further. Look at Steven King, ALL of his books, in some manner, involve the corruption of something normal. The Birds, an obvious example, is where a common visitor to human cities and homes suddenly starts acting completely out of fashion, corrupted from a normal part of life, to a horrific foe.

And of course, the classic example of the corruption used in fear is the Zombie. People, some of whom you know, suddenly turning into monsters who cannot be reasoned with, corrupted from their trusted positions within society to becoming nothing but bloodthirsty, flesh eating creatures. Who can say they'd be ok with having to put a bullet in the brain of their best friend or lover?

There'd be more, but I'm currently being even nerdier then normal.

No comments: