Thursday, August 14, 2008

Credibility

So there I was, holding the bloody spatula having NO idea what this French chef was shouting at me - as I've said, I don't speak French - wondering if I should ring OOO.

Ok, time for the actual post.

Recently I bought a book. Don't get excited, it's not a credible book, it's "The ultimate book of Useless information". Basically 'A thousand and one bits of pointless trivia'. I was having an amusing time reading through it, having a chuckle at the odd and bizarre information housed in it's times-new-roman font ("Huh, Queen Victoria refused to believe in the existence of lesbianism, and scratched out all reference to sex between women in the anti homosexualityu bill before she signed it. Apparently that's why female homosexuality was never prosecuted in Britain"), and generally having a moderately enjoyable read.

Until I read the following: "Scientists do not know why duck quacks do not echo."

Bog off. Thank you very much "The ultimate book of Useless information", you just ruined my read. By quoting that myth commonly known to be false, you just ruined all credibility you had. Now I'm doubting EVERYTHING you wrote (even more so then I normally do for these 'gathering of trivia' books). Maybe Queen Victoria removed all reference to lesbianism in that bill because she liked a bit of a downstairs tickle from the lady-friends? Maybe they WEREN'T originaly going to name Charlies Angels 'The Alley Cats'?

How could you do this to me TUBOUI!?

All because you wanted to fill three lines by claiming "Duck Quacks do not echo"!!?

Get out. Just get out of my house. I'll send you your stuff later, just go.

I think we need to see others. I'm sure you can find someone willing to read you... you whore. But I'm a discriminating reader, where am I meant to find things of interest I want to read?

Leave now, whore. I'm going to read some Dr Karl.

http://www.snopes.com/critters/wild/duckecho.asp

1 comment:

Pixelation said...

ZOMG, Did you know that humans only use 10% of their brains!

WOWZ!!