Friday, July 25, 2008

Part 2 of previous

First thing's first. I just found out I'm leaving at ridiculously early O'clock in the morning tomorrow, so I'll try and put part three of the post up tonight before passing out. After that, it's a whole week without posts. I'm sure all loyal one of my readers will be disappointed. I say that because I'm a loyal reader, and I know I'll be disappointed. Anyway, onto the topic

2. The Unpredictable.

This is quite simple. It's the shock/scare/jump and the surprise twist, all rolled into one. It's the zombie falling out of the roof onto the expendable black guy, or the Werewolf jumping through the window where the lovers are promising each other they'll get through this. Alot of it is expected by your normal cinema goer, but to me I admit I am... a jumper. A sudden shock scene will make me jump, and I hate tension, knowing something is going to happen, just not. Knowing. When.

This also covers a larger, more usual quantity. The unknown. The enemy in many supernatural or alien horror films is a creature of unknown capabilities, any time it could turn around and do something the protagonists aren't aware of or capable of.

A tad distracted at the moment, so I'll leave it there.

No comments: