Monday, August 18, 2008

Comic book writer?

.. So anyway, moral of the story is that head really ISN'T as fun when she has a mouthful of beer. Next week I'll try it with tequilla.

Just a short post today of actual real-life stuff. Sorry, all two of my readers (there are literally TWO of you. I installed google analytic a day ago. Two readers)

I want to be a writer. Basically I can't really imagine myself enjoying ANY other job. Perhaps professional alcohol taster, but I'd always want to swallow (THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID. Shut up, juvenile Steve), which would ruin my health.

I'm halfway through draft 2 of my screenplay, and completely stalled. So a friend recommended I try writing it as a comic book. Hey, why not! Sounds like a good idea. Thing is, I know from trying to write screenplays that the first one is always shit. So, I used the story I've got in mind for my RP campaign and I'm writing it as a comic book script.

God damnit this is fun.

You have no idea

I get to just DIVE in to this fantasy world, and drag readers along with it. I don't know why, this just feels so... fun!

So far I've killed five superheroes. Here's a taste.



Panel 2: Page width panel showing Magic Bullet once more set up to fire, the ruins of the explosion that occurred behind him still there. His sniper rifle is firing at something off panel.

MAGIC BULLET:
Bang.

Panel 3: Return to the previous view from the News helicopter above. Now the view shows Bladesman’s sword cutting through some exposed wires on Onager’s back, but Blinker suddenly drops, a splash of blood visible coming out of one side of her head.

REPORTER (OP)
B- Blinker is down! I repeat, Blinker is down! O- Oh my god, Blinker is down!

PAGE TWELVE (Six panels)

Panel 1: Relatively close up view of Bladesman, shock on his face.

BLADESMAN
NO! Jenn!

Panel 2: Bladesman landing next to Blinker’s still body.

Panel 3: View from behind of Bladesman crouching down, cradling Blinker’s still body to his chest.

Panel 4: Same view as Panel 3, but now with a large looming shadow blocking a lot of the light to them.

Panel 5: View from the front of Bladesman holding Blinker close, tears in his eyes. Behind him Onager holds his right arm up, the railgun in his armoured suit aimed at Bladesman’s back.

ONAGER
It’ll be quick.

Panel 6: Close up shot of Onager’s arm firing.

No comments: