Friday, July 11, 2008

What's Nerdgasm about?

Nerdgasm, as a word, is obviously an amalgamation of the words 'nerd' and 'orgasm'. I would've used it for the over-all title, but someone had already taken it (bastard).

This blog, though, despite what might've been inferred above, is not about the latest and greatest geek news. It is basically my vague attempt at scatter-shot-awesomeness. My hope is that if I shoot off enough posts, eventually one will be of value to someone, and my existance will be validated.

To put simply, I will write about whatever the hell I feel like.

Since I'm a wanna-be writer who has listened to his entire DVD set with commentary ON, is a major geek, a roleplayer and was once president of my University's philosophy society (named, unfortunately, the Platonic Society. The common joke about us was 'No sex please we're thinking'), I imagine the topics will be many and varied.

They could range from the deep "why are labels a necessary evil" pseudo-philosophical piece, to "The joys of the lady-chest" justification to myself about why it's ok to eyeball women's breasts knowing they won't catch me since I wear sunglasses often.

But, I think I'll start tomorrow. Already I've rambled reasonably well, I think. I have to save SOME of the good stuff for later.

No comments: